Can anybody explain to me why mixing these two types together is in any way an improvement on either breed?
This is the second "CO mix" I have seen comming from Eastern Washington. The first was a Shiloh Shepherd/CO mix, and boy was that a doozy of a dog in terms of liability. Honestly, I'm not convinced that I see any CO in this dog. There seems to be some CAO markings, but to me he looks like a large BC/mix thing. Whoever is getting these grand ideas, over there in Eastern Washington, to breed their CO with herding dogs, STOP IT! All this litigous country needs is a hyper vigilant, stranger wary, powerful guardian dog with the drive, brains, speed and energy of a herder.



I see St. Bernard... probably more easily placeable listed as such?
ReplyDeleteThat would still be a doozy of a dog for most pet homes. Oy!
Gosh, it would have been nice to know you saw one of our adoptable dogs and decided to post it here.
ReplyDeleteHe's been adopted to a responsible, wonderful family, btw (not that you seem to have cared).
I consulted with an "CO" breeder who helped us place another Ovcharka in the past, who felt this dog was a mix of that and BC.
Anyway. Maybe in the future you'd like to consult with rescues before knocking their rescued dogs. Really rude.
A PAW UP Rescue
Eastern WA
Response: http://masakadoshiba.wordpress.com/2011/11/11/thoughts-about-ovcharka-mixes/
ReplyDelete