Just got done skinning it (an 80lb calf, not that big I guess). It's hanging in the patio right now and I will gut it tomorrow. The temps are so cool I can let it hang for a few days without worry. The Shibas worked on the head and blood, and Grym had a good time with the tail, the bully and oysters. I want to dry the hide in strips for chewing, but I don't think it will happen since it won't get warm enough to make sun dry rawhide.
that looks like quite a haul! wow.
ReplyDeleteI guess you'd need to, feeding a CO!
Just got done skinning it (an 80lb calf, not that big I guess). It's hanging in the patio right now and I will gut it tomorrow. The temps are so cool I can let it hang for a few days without worry. The Shibas worked on the head and blood, and Grym had a good time with the tail, the bully and oysters. I want to dry the hide in strips for chewing, but I don't think it will happen since it won't get warm enough to make sun dry rawhide.
ReplyDelete